Sunday, May 3, 2015

Phuket, Thailand

The kids had spring break recently so we grabbed the opportunity to see Phuket, Thailand. 
We landed on a Wednesday afternoon and after settling in to our hotel we found this 
mexican restaurant. I love the view from where we sat. 


After dinner we did some shopping and the girls picked up these pants 
and shorts that they wore the next day. 
Aaron and the kids, sitting in the hotel lobby, waiting for their driver to come 
and take them to their first scuba lesson. 
Mom had other plans that day :)
That afternoon we drove up the mountain to see the Big Buddha. 
Looking down at Phuket City below.
On our way up we found a place that gives Elephant tours. One of many in the area.
I was a bit nervous that our seat was going to fall off the side of the elephant.



We finally got to the top of the mountain to see the Big Buddha.

An Indian girl approached Melynn and Jaxon and wanted to take a picture with them. 
This has been a common occurrence with Melynn because of her blonde hair.
Below is a picture of a smaller Buddha that is set behind the larger one.

We drove back to town and went to an Italian restaurant called "Capannina's". 
The pizza's were HUGE!
The following morning we had a little time at the tennis courts before 
another scuba lesson began.
Throughout the hotel lobby they had these beautiful bowls of flowers.
We stayed at the Hilton Arcadia. It was a beautiful resort on a large piece of property. 
I would definitely stay here again.

Jaxon enjoying the bath water.

It was finally time to suit up for Scuba. Mom hung out on the beach with a good book.


In between lessons that day, we walked back to our hotel for lunch. 
These drinks were so refreshing!
Later that evening we had dinner at this Flintstone's themed restaurant called Dino Park. I should have taken a photo of the waiters. They were all dressed like the tv show characters.




We took a taxi back to the hotel after a long day and really tired!
The inside view of our taxi. They all were unique and ours was like a party bus!

Last day of scuba lessons, Aaron and the kids took a boat out to some islands. 
some photos with our lousy under water disposable camera...






That evening we went to the Phuket FantaSea show. 
On our last day we had to be at the airport in the early afternoon but we were still 
able to sneak in a trip to Tiger Kingdom.
I did not even realize what it actually was until we got there. Aaron had planned this one out for us and I thought we were going to a tiger show. Little did I know that we were actually going to be getting inside a cage with the tigers themselves!!!! YIKES!!! 
I was really nervous and almost decided to not participate.  


Aaron and his bright ideas! When you get to the park you can sign up from smallest to biggest tigers. Of coarse Aaron had to choose BIGGEST for himself and I! 
The kids could only pet the smallest because of their age.






After visiting the Tiger Kingdom, we had to make our way to the airport. 
I love the local alphabet. It is a beautiful script.


We had a really nice visit to Phuket!





No comments:

Post a Comment